Basil 15 mL Ocimum basilicum
Basil has a warm, spicy, yet herbal aroma known to reduce anxious feelings. Basil provides great benefits to both the mind and body due to its high linalool content, making it an ideal application to help reduce feelings of tension when applied to the temples and back of the neck. Basil is commonly used in cooking to add a fresh, herbal flavor to meats, pasta, and entrée dishes, and it is also cooling to the skin. When diffused, Basil helps promote focus and a stress-relieving experience.
Valued for its calming properties, Basil is commonly used as a cooling agent for the skin. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use. The spicy, yet herbal nature of this fragrant oil makes it a versatile oil that can be used to promote focus and alertness or to add a little extra flavor while cooking.
Benefits of Basil
• Acts as a cooling agent for the skin
• Promotes mental alertness and lessens anxious feelings when diffused
• May ease monthly feminine discomfort
- Diffuse to promote a sense of focus while studying or reading.
- Massage with wintergreen and carrier oil on the back of neck for a stress-relieving experience.
- Take a drop internally to provide soothing support during menstrual cycle.
- Add to your favorite Italian dishes for a refreshing taste.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.