Bergamot 15 mL Citrus bergamia
A highly favored oil for its lovely fragrance, Bergamot is unique among citrus oils for its calming properties. dōTERRA, in keeping with the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® standard, cold-presses the oil from the rind of the bergamot fruit. With both calming and uplifting abilities, Bergamot can dissipate anxious feelings while simultaneously cleansing and purifying the skin. Bergamot is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring special climate and soil in order to thrive. Italians have used this spicy essential oil for years to reduce feelings of stress and to soothe and rejuvenate skin. In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the spoonful as a dessert or with coffee. Bergamot is unique among citrus oils due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming, making it ideal to help with anxious and sad feelings. It is also purifying and cleansing for the skin while having a calming effect. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use.
Benefits of Bergamot
- Calming and soothing aroma
- Frequently used in massage therapy for its calming benefits
- Diffuse for a sense of self-confidence
- Provides skin purifying benefits
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey with the addition of Bergamot.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your DIY skin care cleanser.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.