Black Pepper 5mL Piper nigrum
Black Pepper is best known as a common cooking spice that enhances the flavor of foods, but its internal and topical benefits are equally noteworthy. This essential oil is high in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, known for their antioxidant activity and ability to help ward off environmental and seasonal threats. Black Pepper promotes healthy circulation but should be used with caution when applied topically due to its strong warming sensation. It can also help with the digestion of foods, making it an ideal oil to cook with and enjoy both for its flavor and internal benefits. With noteworthy topical and internal benefits, Black Pepper essential oil can be used to add spice and sharpness when cooking or to ward off seasonal and environmental threats.
dōTERRA’s CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® Black Pepper essential oil is a multi-purpose oil that is extracted from the unripe red fruit of the Piper nigrum plant. A stimulating essential oil with antioxidants, it is used to improve circulation and aid the digestive system. Black Pepper is also a wonderful flavor enhancer but a little goes a long way so use sparingly!
Benefits of Black Pepper
- Provides antioxidant support
- Supports healthy circulation
- Aids in digestion
- Soothes anxious feelings when diffused
- Often used in meditation for its grounding and uplifting properties
- A wonderful flavor enhancer
- Create a warming, soothing massage by combining one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Diffuse or inhale directly to soothe anxious feelings.
- Take one to two drops in veggie caps daily when seasonal threats are high.
- Add to meats, soups, entrees, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Aromatic Description: Hot, sharp, fruity, spicy
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.