Myrrh 15 mL Commiphora myrrha
Ancient records show that Myrrh was deemed so valuable that at times it was valued at its weight in gold. Myrrh essential oil is derived from the gummy resin of the small, thorny Myrrh tree and has been used for centuries for its internal and external health benefits. Throughout history, it has been used as a perfume, incense, and health aid. It was also employed in embalming and religious ceremonies. Myrrh has powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat. It is also soothing to the skin, promoting a smooth, youthful-looking complexion and additionally promotes emotional balance and well-being.
Historically, Myrrh has been used in many ways, from meditation to embalming in ancient Egypt. Modern herbalists frequently recommend Myrrh for its cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat and is also excellent for calming the skin. While it is known to hold powerful cleansing properties, particularly for the throat and mouth, Myrrh can also be used to support well-being and emotional balance. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use.
Benefits of Myrrh
- Powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat
- Soothing to the skin; promotes a smooth, youthful-looking complexion
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
- Add 1–2 drops to toothpaste for added cleansing benefits
- Diffuse to help promote awareness and lift your mood.
- Add to your lotion/moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Add 1–2 drops to ¼ cup of water with a little agave or honey to help ease the stomach.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Aromatic Description: Hot, smoky, herbaceous, woody, dry